Friday, July 29, 2005

Strengthening Me

Sometimes life is just too overwhelming for me.

I forget God is control and knows what He is doing. I forget that His plans for me are all laid out. I forget that all His intentions for me are for good. I forget He loves me.

Sometimes I just forget that He is there.

It takes me a while to remember what God is all about. He allows things in my life to help me gain perspective. He allows things in my life to draw me closer to Him. He allows things in my life to strengthen my faith. He allows things in my life so that I may rest in Him.

And when I do remember, I go to Him in prayer.

Then I find peace.

James 1:2-5
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault and it will be given to him.

2 Comments:

At August 02, 2005 11:10 PM, Blogger steve said...

Glad I read this today. Good verse

 
At August 04, 2005 8:39 AM, Blogger shannon said...

Cora, my grandmother used to tell me, "Honey, whatever you're worrying about today won't even be remembered six months from now." As it turns out, she was right.

It will all work out. And you did the best thing of all: you remembered that God is in control.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home