Monday, July 25, 2005

Uncle Andy, Part 2

I woke up this morning with a prayer on my lips for my Uncle Andy.

At 8:00 I knew he was at the hospital.

At 10:00 I knew he was heading into surgery.

I said another quick prayer.

At 11:30 I wondered where my phone call was telling me everything had gone well.

I said another quick prayer.

At 11:45 I grabbed my phone to call my cousin.

I put it down and said another quick prayer.

At 12:05 my phone rang.

I grabbed it and said hello.

It went dead. I had lost reception.

I quickly ran to the land line.

It rang and it was someone else.

My heart beating, I quickly ended that conversation.

I said one more prayer.

I called my cousin.

She quickly filled me in.

"The surgery went really well and he is doing great."

I started to cry.

"Don't cry. Want to talk to Aunt Gerda?"

Aunt Gerda came to the phone.

"Hi. Uncle Andy is doing great. They got everything. They checked him out and the cancer did not spread. Uncle Andy is going to be just fine."

I cried some more.

"Don't cry, sweetheart."

"I'm sorry. I'm just glad he's going to be okay."

Aunt Gerda started crying.

We ended our conversation with a promise that she would call me later.

I hung up.

Crying, I thanked God for what He had just done for my Uncle Andy.

7 Comments:

At July 25, 2005 8:23 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Oh Cora!! (((HUGS))) I am overjoyed. Praise you Lord!!!! That is so wonderful! Thank you for letting us know.
Love,
Kim

 
At July 25, 2005 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey cora i have checked this daily and nothing new in a loooong time!!!:) love you diana

 
At July 26, 2005 7:25 AM, Blogger Fran said...

I'm so glad everything went well for your uncle! Praise God!

 
At July 26, 2005 8:44 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Cora,

I am glad to hear Uncle Andy is okay. Thank you for the update!

God Bless

 
At July 28, 2005 9:30 AM, Blogger shannon said...

That's such good news, Cora ... and we can all relate to your anxiety. It helps to pray, doesn't it?

 
At July 29, 2005 7:32 AM, Blogger Bill & Glory said...

Cora, I just stopped by and you had me crying! Your trust and reliance in our Father is very encouraging. I live so far from my family I really cringe when I think of anything going wrong with anyone. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Glory

 
At July 29, 2005 10:56 AM, Blogger Cora said...

Thanks, everyone, for your wonderful words. I visited Uncle Andy the other day and he is doing wonderfully. Thanks for all your prayers. He and I appreciate it much.

PRAISE GOD!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home