Sunday, March 11, 2007

Home from Israel

I came home from Israel last week with a renewed sense of awe for our Lord.

Israel is a beautiful country. Not only because of the landscape and the people but also because of it's history.

I sat in the ampitheater where Paul stood proclaiming the Word of God to King Aggrippa. While sitting there, I had an amazing view of the Mediterranean Sea.

I climbed Mt. Arbel where Jesus fed the 5,000. At the top, I had a breath taking view of the Sea of Galilee where Jesus walked on water.

I tenderly walked into the Jordan River with my husband and I was washed as white as snow while my Pastor baptized me in the very river Jesus was baptized.

I took a tremendous hike up a mountain and saw the caves where David hid from Saul and drank from the very stream the deer panted by.

I stood on the Mount of Olives where Jesus will one day return and firmly plant His feet. The view I saw from there was the Eastern Gate - the very Gate He will walk through when He makes His glorious return.

I walked around the Garden of Gethsemane where Jesus prayed the night before His death.

I walked down the Palm Sunday road where Jesus made His triumphantal entry into Jerusalem on a donkey.

I stood by what is thought to be Golgotha, the Place of the Skull, where Jesus died to free me from my sins.

And finally, I walked into the Garden Tomb where Jesus victoriously rose again from the dead. And, I tell you, it is EMPTY!! I cried at every site but this is where I cried the hardest as the Lord made Himself more real to me than ever.

I believe I left my heart in Israel.

2 Comments:

At March 20, 2007 1:05 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Well, your biggest fan is certainly happy you came back! (And Gracie missed you too!)

 
At May 29, 2007 7:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, how nice!!
I was looking for a text from the Bible and I found your blog! Such a nice experience being where Jesus was in the past!! Increadible!!
I'm from Brazil and I'll read the whole blog!
God bless you and your family as well!!
In Christ,
Juliana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home